25 October 2013

RIP Dear Friends.....

SMILES

Well, today, we said goodbye to some very dear friends. These friends have been by my side for the past five years. They have always been reliable any time of day, sometimes they were even called on in the afternoon, always there.
They supported us through the hard times and the easy, crazy times. They loved us. They played a major role in James' life for many years, longer than the five years that they were always by my side. They were faithful to James and loving and caring.
When I think of our dear friends, this poem came to mind. I believe they were a part of our lives for a reason. They have taught us so much.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.



Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.



Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.



LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.


— A poem by Brian Andrew "Drew" Chalker

Yes, today we said goodbye to the live swimmers. James had his vasectomy! Goodbye friends! Goodbye.


All stretched out!

When we walked into the office, there was a man walking down the hall and I heard him say "Well, good for another year."
Good for another year??? I thought vasectomies were for a lifetime. I'm so confused. Why does this man sound so old and he just had a vasectomy? Maybe he's a playboy? A gigolo? A man whore perhaps?
Then the door to the office opened and a lady walked up to the desk and said that she was there for her flu shot! Ok, I get it. They perform vasectomies and flu shots! What an office.



Fell on my face! Somebody buy me a helmet with a full face mask!

James was called to the back, he kissed me, I told him that I loved him...the receptionist reassured me that he would be coming back. Maybe I said 'I love you' like he was undergoing major surgery or that there was a chance that he would never return to us.

Around five minutes later, the doctor came out.
AHHHHHH...there must be something wrong!!! That was five minutes. I gave birth to two girls without epidurals and the pain lasted for over twenty hours, not to mention the hell after delivery. :) There is no way that a vasectomy is only five minutes. For sure his heart stopped or he bled out or the nurse wants to date him and he said yes and he is refusing to go through with the procedure.
Nope, all was good. I asked the doctor if James cried. He said that he whimpered like a little girl. I smiled.


James' girlfriends tonight! :)

I went back to see James and I could tell that there was so much gauze down his tighties. :)  I told him that he looked  HUGE. The doctor said that because Christmas was just around the corner, he added two inches. What a nice present, just for me. :)
There was a lot of laughing and joking and bad humour, then we headed home. James said that it felt like somebody had flicked him in the nuts. Now, the freezing was still going strong, so we came to the conclusion that by the time the freezing comes out, it will feel like he's been kicked in the nuts by a horse. It should be a good night. :)


Happy 3 months!! :))

Anyways, let's go back to when we were in the doctor's office. The older gentleman, who I thought had the vasectomy but instead only got the flu shot, ruining my hopes that he was a gigolo...we had a good chat.
He asked me if this decision to have the vasectomy was a very long and thorough conversation or was it a rather easy one?
 I told him that it was a fairly quick conversation.
"James, no more kids."
"Ok."
I told him that if we wanted another child, we would adopt. I told him that I was too old to have anymore. He thought I looked young. :)
I discussed with him, a little bit about our journey with Adele. He said that he thought maybe she had Down syndrome because of the shape of her eyes. He was kind.
He had a way with his words, it was never offensive or cruel. He was very matter of fact and articulate with what he had to say about Adele.
Before he left, he wished me luck and he was sincere.
While in the office, a few women came up to Adele and told me that she was the most beautiful baby. One of the women came up a few times just to see her and pay her a compliment. It was just one more beautiful moment in the life of Adele.


DAD!!! STOP TALKING AND MAKING FACES AT ME!

When Brinley was a baby, people complimented her and were kind and thoughtful, but Adele is different. She attracts so many people and gets so much attention. She draws people in and gives off a beautiful vibe. I don't know exactly what it is, but it always makes me smile.

Off to grab another pack of peas. Cheers to the vasectomy!

**You may have noticed the Top Mommy Blog badge on my page. Feel free to click on it. One click counts as one vote. After you have clicked on the badge, you can check out other blogs too. You can vote once every 24 hours. Just a click! :)

If you want to rank my blog or leave a comment.....I am in the Special Needs section....I am number 20 (BOO), I need to get to number 1! I am not doing this for my ego, I am doing this because this journey is important to me, it is important to share and to hopefully educate, entertain and show others that it can be done. I've said for a while now that these two girls, with the help of family and friends, will change the world! :)



8 comments :

  1. Omg I laughed so hard this one is hilarious. Thank you for making me laugh.

    PS make sure you put in enough samples and all will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you laughed!!! He's doing pretty good right now...four month, first sample! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been following your blog since before your beautiful little lady Adele was born. I saw a beautiful video today that I thought would speak to you and thought of you and your family when I saw it, so here is the link :) http://www.faithit.com/this-guy-writes-a-confession-letter-to-his-down-syndrome-daughter-that-will-break-your-heart-in-100-ways.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following along. I truly appreciate it! :)
      I have seen the video, it's amazing and genuine and inspiring. So awesome!
      Thanks for thinking about me! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, this was hilarious!!! It really is surprising how quick the procedure is isn't it? How's he feeling today? The swelling usually takes a day or so to hit!

    People will always be drawn to Adele. I find that is the way with Russell as well. There is something about their very spirits that draws people in. Also, I love the picture of her and the bear, haha, She looks like she's being tortured! Happy 3 months Adele!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's feeling pretty good today. He's not much of a whiner. ...such a champ.
      I don't know who came up with the brilliant idea to take pictures with a bear for the first two years of life. :)
      How can you not be drawn to Russell. ADORABLE!

      Delete