16 September 2013

SUCTION, TUCK, LIFT! :)


Such a pretty baby :)


Well, Adele has been home for almost two weeks! It's been great and so far smooth sailing. James went back to work today and I am not crying or drinking yet. Brinley is loving her sister to pieces today and needs to be watched a bit because there is a 20 pound difference.
Adele is a wonderful baby who loves to sleep and eat but could definitely poop a little more.

I know that there are a few topics out there that should be avoided, like Religion, Politics and probably poop talk. I have already covered the bowel movements, now I think I need to do a little Religion talk.

I have been told many times that we were given Adele by God and that he chose us to be her parents. I was always a little iffy on that statement, but as I read more and more about Ds and as I meet new friends, I see that he has chosen certain families to have these amazing little beings. I read a while ago that this one lady was told that children with Down syndrome are products of the devil. I am so unclear how somebody could say something  so hurtful and disrespectful. I'm thinking that if you feel this way, maybe you are a product of the devil. Too bad.

My dear friend, Jaclyn, sent this to me....

"May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.” ― Teresa of Ávila

Just a nice message.

Love my sister <3

Here's another special message from my friend Christina....



I'm not too sure how to jump into another topic now.....can't go from Religion to dirty talk. Maybe I'll take a moment.....

I'll ease my way....

James and I have decided that it's time to move back home. We have been out of our house for three months and feel that our little family needs to get ourselves back in High River. The basement and garage are not finished but the drywall is up, so that's a start. I am just waiting on hearing back from the cleaning company, then I will go in and bleach the toys, wash the sheets and James will shampoo the carpets. I am excited to go back to High River but also a little sad to be leaving mom and dad's place. It's been a great three months and we are so thankful that ma and pa put up with us for this long.  :)


For real...stop taking my picture!


Adele will be getting her newborn pictures done this weekend. I am so excited. My good friend Amy, from Modern Nest Photography is coming to take the pictures. She also took Brinley's, back when she was 6 weeks old. Amy likes for the babies to be asleep....Brinley stayed awake the entire time until Amy rocked her to sleep. It was pretty sweet. Amy is also giving us the photo session as a gift. I love my friends. <3

One of my friends sent me a message about my previous post on the tearing while giving birth. She told me that she had a forth degree tear which was like from her belly button to the back of her head. I laughed but also felt horribly bad when I was complaining about my paper cuts. Please feel free to share your birthing stories, I like to know that I am not alone in the pain! :)

Something like this could work!


So now that I am officially done having children.....I was wondering if any of my friends have connections to a plastic surgeon. I would like to get some kind of mommy package. I would like a snip, a suction, a tuck, a pluck, a vacuum, a suction a lift, an augmentation and whatever else would help. The surgeon can be a beginner looking for a guinea pig. I'm not picky at all. I would even be willing to travel to another country, meet somebody in a dark alley in a shady area of town. I'm flexible and too lazy and so not motivated right now to do it on my own. I like the easy way out! Please send a private message. :)) If I hear nothing in the next week, I will get my arse in gear and do it on my own and break out the elliptical!Tear tear tear. ;)
 
One last random thought for the day....I know that we will have a lot of appointments coming up in the next while. I think most of them will be at The Children's Hospital, which is quite far from High River. How do I do this with a toddler? I can't rely on family to watch her each time but I don't know if she can sit for two hours waiting for Adele. Brinley is also going through a stage where she needs her mommy and daddy. I just can't leave her with friends right now. She would be so upset. I think I've answered my own question.....she'll need to come along. Man, this blog is like having my very own counsellor. I ask questions then I answer them myself. Blogging is so much fun! :)
 
Just watching Barbie!
 
 
**You may have noticed the Top Mommy Blog badge on my page. Feel free to click on it. One click counts as one vote. You can vote once every 24 hours. Just a click! :)
 
If you want to rank my blog or leave a comment.....I am in the Newest Blogs section but will be eventually be in the Special Needs section. I am not doing this for my ego, I am doing this because this journey is important to me, it is important to share and to hopefully educate, entertain and show others that it can be done. I've said for a while now that these two girls, with the help of family and friends, will change the world! :)


 
 
 
 











8 comments :

  1. Before we moved, we did most of our appointments at AB Children's (great facility and very efficient, appointments were always on time!!) We used "Emily's Backyard" the odd time. It is a daycare type room with lots of great volunteers who play with the kids, make crafts, etc. My 3 year old loved it. I know Brinley is younger but might be worth looking into. Kids can stay for an hour and a half I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie went to the childcare facility at the Children's Hospital too when she was about Brinley's age and I had to take Leah there. You just have to go online and book her a spot ahead of time but it is free. Would be good if she could get used to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Cheryl...thanks for telling me about the childcare facility. I saw it last time we were there, but didn't think anything of it. I may have to give it a try. Maybe it's me who has more of a problem letting go. Hmmmm....
    I am so over-protective of my babies, but I am in the same building if she needs me. Great idea. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was overprotective too but when I was coming from Red Deer it was better to have Sawyer in the childcare for 30 minutes- an hour than left behind with someone for 6 hours. And I felt the same, lots of wonderful family and friends but with lots of appointments I felt like I was overusing them a bit too much. A good solution for everyone. Now that we are in Edmonton area and going to the Stollery sure miss the childcare option (and so does Sawyer when he has to sit in on the appointments:( )

      Delete
  4. We spend a fair chunk of time at the childrens as well with our middle son and the other 2 boys love emily's backyard! They are great with the kids, you can also call to book a spot or stop while you are there to book for the next time. Give it a try! The kids get pretty used to tagging along to all of the appointments, it will just take some time! Congrats on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melissa. That makes me feel good! I'm sure she would be just fine, it's probably mostly me.
    As long as she's safe and well taken care of, I'm happy. :)
    Thanks again for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete