20 February 2017

Will Bedazzling My Vagina Save My Marriage?


I was once told that when you have a child with special needs, your quality of life becomes fuller, richer and your marriage becomes stronger and healthier. 

That was bullshit! Well, the part about a stronger, healthier marriage. 

Marriage is tough at the best of times and then you throw in a load of curveballs;
Therapy
Appointments
Phone calls
Meetings
Surgeries
Worry
Stress
Upset
Tears
Etc
Etc

Your marriage takes a hit, a huge hit. It's tough at the best of times to find time for each other. It's tough to plan date nights, vacations and time to connect, because life is busy. We start to take each other for granted and become robotic like in our daily lives.

When Adele was born, I was a SAHM. This was my calling. I had the time to take care of my children. I had time to take Adele to appointments. I had time during the day to make phone calls and schedule therapy sessions. I was doing my job as a mother. 

I was gaining weight.
I was tossing and turning at night.
I was unsure if I was a fit for this job.



When Adele turned two, I decided that I needed to go back to work. I missed teaching terribly and my boss was willing to let me join the team and work part time, as this was all I felt I could handle. I needed adult conversation and I needed to feel valued. I also needed a pay cheque. I wanted out of our home, forget the memories of the flood and buy something bigger and better. This allowed us to do so many exciting things with the girls. 

Going back to work has given me an outlet, a time to talk to colleagues, laugh, eat teacher snacks and do what I love to do. It has also added an extra calendar in the house, schedules and routine have become even more important and I'm happy to say that it runs like a well-oiled machine.......when everybody is healthy, when there is no therapy, when we don't have appointments, when we don't have to book surgery, when we don't have extra-curricular.....



James and I are so invested in our children, that we have failed to work on our marriage. We don't communicate effectively. We don't take time to listen to each other. We plan meals. We plan swimming lessons. We look at the calendar and decide which one of us will take Adele to her next appointment at the hospital. We plan out which days he will take off for Adele's surgery and which days I will stay home. Consistency is imperative for Brinley. We need to get her to school on time, take her to swimming lessons and make sure that her schedule is not thrown off. Her world is just as important as Adele's world. 

James and I are two ships passing in the night. 

In the beginning, we said that we would work as a team. This is a partnership that we entered over eight years ago. We vowed that we would be in this together, for better or for worse. 

How did we get to this point?

We have allowed ourselves to get to this point. I blame us. I blame our lack of commitment. I blame my IUD. HA! HA! 

This parenting gig is tough. I knew the night we conceived Adele...yes, I know the night! We didn't know that this was going to be our journey. I didn't think about that things would not go as planned. I did not think about how much my life would be consumed by worry and fear.



I have let all of this interfere with my love for my husband. I have become a different woman. I have allowed others to dictate my happiness. When did all of this happen? When did I forget that I am a person too? When did I let go of who I am and my interests and my hopes and dreams? 



I am a part of the most amazing group on Facebook. All of the moms are medical mommas. They are the strongest warriors, they are incredible and they always have each other's backs. We laugh. We cry. We send each other vulgar messages. We talk about bedazzling vaginas. (This may save my marriage) We are real. Last night, one of the moms was sitting in emergency with her child.

This was her message:
He's been vomiting all day and can't keep anything down. Decreased output. Don't know if it's his kidneys or his gut....pseudo obstruction.
Well, on a positive side, we had a long run at home. Going to stay optimistic.
Just had a shitty emotional weekend and my body is saying eff you....I'm sore and I'm tired.

My response:
I like how you go from positive to shitty. You sound like the rest of us. We try to convince ourselves that it's all ok...we've got this and then two seconds later, we're all like....this fucking sucks and I want to cry and hurt someone. 

Her response:
Krista, you hit the nail on the head. Most days, we are strong warriors. We smile through everything, but today I am not strong.

Another dear friend told me recently that she talks to me about her son's health concerns because when she discusses issues with her husband, they fight. They can't see eye to eye. They are stressed.

A dear friend last week, had an emotional breakdown and she confided in me that her husband has nothing left to give. 



We all struggle because our feelings of intense love for our children become intertwined with frustrations, fears and total exhaustion. These feelings turn into arguments with our spouses. We become so upset, so engrossed in our own pity party, that we think our spouse just won't get it. Meanwhile, they are experiencing the same emotions.
I start to shut down when I feel that I can't handle anymore and in turn, this has placed a wedge in the marriage. 
If I am emotionally drained, I get snippy, I cry, I don't always reach out for support and then I push in down as far as it can go and then the cycle repeats itself.
I understand the value of taking care of yourself. I understand the importance of communication and I understand that keeping our family unit strong is of the upmost importance.

Date night will not fix our marriage. A weekend away will not fix our marriage. A lottery win will not fix our marriage, although it would pay for a top notch therapist in Bali.


James plays a vital role in this marriage. He continues to reassure me that he wants our marriage to survive, he says that he will do what is needed so that we can move forward, but James continues his robotic routine of getting up, going to work, texting and asking if I feel ok and then we talk about what we will have for dinner. 
Although he feels that he is making positive changes, I feel that he says what I want to hear and then the action part means nothing, it is stagnant. 

What is needed:
Communication.
It is truly that simple. Communicate our fears and our worries. Communicate respectfully when we are frustrated. Stop retreating into myself. Be cognizant that the other person is also experiencing similar emotions. Access resources and community supports that will help guide us through this journey. Stop pretending that it's all ok.

It is going to take time. 

To my dear friends who are struggling, you are not alone. You will prevail. You will fucking rock this. You are a warrior. You are strong. You are scared. You are weak. You are frustrated. You are courageous. You are beautiful. You are capable. You are human. 

We hold each other's hands. We realize that we are not the Instagram life. We make mistakes. We fart in our sleep. We say the wrong things. We need to reach out when we need help. 

I was once told that when you have a child with special needs, your quality of life becomes fuller, richer and your marriage becomes stronger and healthier. 




7 comments :

  1. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming...
    The real marriage killer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK WITHOUT PANIC
      I am Michelle from San Francisco. i want to testify about powerful Dr keke Odin for saving my relationship.I must be one of the few who don’t have a trouble showing and telling someone how grateful I am for making my relationship a melodious and smooth relationship. I have been trying to be more positive about my relationship with my boyfriend, it seems like it has taken forever. Another lady took my Fiancee away from me and they both relocated. i cried and searched for him to come back but he refused to take my calls nor return my messages. My friend introduced me to a powerful spell caster called Dr Keke Odin who helped me cast a very powerful love spell that brought back my Fiancee in 24 hours. i was amazed and surprised when my fiancee called to beg me for forgiveness all because of the powerful love spell of Dr Keke Odin. dont fail to Contact Dr Keke through the following means if you have any Marrital or Relationship problem. his contact information are

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com



      HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK WITHOUT PANIC
      I am Michelle from San Francisco. i want to testify about powerful Dr keke Odin for saving my relationship.I must be one of the few who don’t have a trouble showing and telling someone how grateful I am for making my relationship a melodious and smooth relationship. I have been trying to be more positive about my relationship with my boyfriend, it seems like it has taken forever. Another lady took my Fiancee away from me and they both relocated. i cried and searched for him to come back but he refused to take my calls nor return my messages. My friend introduced me to a powerful spell caster called Dr Keke Odin who helped me cast a very powerful love spell that brought back my Fiancee in 24 hours. i was amazed and surprised when my fiancee called to beg me for forgiveness all because of the powerful love spell of Dr Keke Odin. dont fail to Contact Dr Keke through the following means if you have any Marrital or Relationship problem. his contact information are

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com



      HOW TO GET YOUR EX BACK WITHOUT PANIC
      I am Michelle from San Francisco. i want to testify about powerful Dr keke Odin for saving my relationship.I must be one of the few who don’t have a trouble showing and telling someone how grateful I am for making my relationship a melodious and smooth relationship. I have been trying to be more positive about my relationship with my boyfriend, it seems like it has taken forever. Another lady took my Fiancee away from me and they both relocated. i cried and searched for him to come back but he refused to take my calls nor return my messages. My friend introduced me to a powerful spell caster called Dr Keke Odin who helped me cast a very powerful love spell that brought back my Fiancee in 24 hours. i was amazed and surprised when my fiancee called to beg me for forgiveness all because of the powerful love spell of Dr Keke Odin. dont fail to Contact Dr Keke through the following means if you have any Marrital or Relationship problem. his contact information are

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      website: http://greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com

      Delete
  2. I gave Dr. Alli a call regarding sudden change of my wife and he made it clear to me that my wife will love me till the end of the world,that she will never leave my sight. Now me and my wife is back together again and has started doing pleasant things she hasn’t done before, he makes me happy and do what she is suppose to do as a woman without nagging. Email him for any kind of help you may need Email: allispellhelp1@gmail.com Or Phone number:+2348100772528

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Nico from London i know a renowned spell caster who helped me when i had problems in my marriage with my Husband. if you need a right place to solve your relationship problems contact DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE on: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR WHATSAPP +2348104102662 he is the right choice. he is a great man that has been

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr iayaryi Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?
    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago,
    I live in TEXAS,USA. And I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited. (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com), So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr iayaryi for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.(driayaryi2012@hotmail.com) , Thanks. And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Jessica Luis, and I base in USA...My life is back!!! After 1 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Mohammed, which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr Mohammed's e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr Mohammed, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try High monicaspiritualtemple@gmail.com anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: monicaspiritualtemple@gmail.com or call him +2348134493948

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone, my name is Helena am from USA, i want to testify to the world how a man full of power helped to bring back my lover and unite my family, and he also cast a spell on me by making me to have my own baby, my husband left me for 4 years because i was unable to bear a child, but after i met his comment online last year i contacted him and he told me not to worry, that my problems are over, and he perform his power on me and my family and today i have my husband back and i have two kids (2 boys) and my family is united again, i promised to share his good work online to let the world that there is still a great spell caster, i never believed until i experienced it in my life, My fellow out there that are having pregnancy issues and difficult in your family, i will advice you contact Dr Ogundele for help through: ogundeletempleofsolution@gmail.com or +27618920352

    ReplyDelete