30 July 2016

Dear Mom Shamers.....



As I sit here, living in my imperfect world, I find myself thinking about the the judgemental assholes around me. As we become more engrossed in social media, the more stories we share, the more pictures we share, the more personal information we share, hoping that our posts will go viral and the world will come back with comments of love, respect and support. 
Recently, a child wandered into a gorilla enclosure at the zoo, a young boy was pulled by an alligator into a lagoon in Florida and the world reacted. Imagine the helplessness and horror these parents were experiencing. Imagine the grief of watching your child being dragged into the water by an alligator or a gorilla tossing your child around like a rag doll. 

Mom shaming.

Instantly, the world jumped on these parents.
"Why wasn't she watching her child?"
"Where were the parents?"
"They are so neglectful."
"Worst parents."
"They will go to hell."
"Arrest the parents."



They must of been pretty shitty parents for taking their children to the zoo and to Disney World. What is wrong with you society? Sitting behind your computer screen, spewing out venom. 



Hundreds of comments shaming the parents. Have you ever turned away for a second, turned back around and your child was gone? Damn right you have done it. We all have. Our hearts race and we vow to never do that again....only to have it happen the following week. When we hover over our children, we are accused of being a helicopter parent, if we step back and give our children some independence, we are accused of being neglectful. What the fuck? Seriously. Children are impulsive and unpredictable little beings. We work our asses off to make sure that they are fed, watered, loved and taken care of. Some days, the best we can do is to give our children leftover cheerios found stuck between the seats in the vehicle, or a box of Kraft Dinner, or 4 movies in a row on the IPad. Some days, all I say is "NO" over and over again and other days, I am the "YES" mom. Some days, all I do is kiss and hug my children and other days, I just want space, a vacation and a 60 of rum. 



Mom shaming.

Yes, I am also guilty. I can admit it. I have shamed and criticized moms while at the playground and on social media. I tend to shame them in my own head, rather than confronting or writing a nasty comment. A stranger pulls out their cell phone, takes a video or snaps a picture of a mom doing something that they think goes against the grain, goes against what they see as appropriate.  It gets posted online and the criticism and chastising begins. The victim, unknowing of the post that is soon to go viral. 
The stranger:
1) None of us are perfect.
2) We are doing our best.
3) Maybe you should mind your own business.
4) You made yourself look like a judgmental a-hole.
5) Invasion of privacy is not cool.



Motherhood is hard, so why are we doing this to each other? Why do we feel that it is our right to shame other moms? 
Breastfeeding in public. You are the best. Put your tits away.
Organic food. You must love your child. Go hump a tree.
Pinterest parties. You are the best. If Pinterest said that it's the right way, we all know, this must be the only way. Stop competing with other moms.
Weight gain. You must be happy and in love. You're fat and unhealthy.
Baby wearing. You have such a beautiful bond with your child. You're a follower of trends.
Formula fed. Great work...gives you some independence. You didn't try hard enough to breastfeed.
Working mom. Way to go! You're a horrible mom.
Stay at home mom. You are amazing. You're lazy as shit. 

Shaming. Shaming. Shaming.



Let's get back to the days when we supported one another. Let's get back to when we used kindness and love to carry each other through our days. We work hard. We try hard. We want to be acknowledged by others. Tell a stranger that they are doing great work. Pay them a compliment. Tell your friends that they've got this! It's hard raising children. Stop shaming and start praising. AMEN!

6 comments :

  1. Dr iayaryi Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?
    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago,
    I live in TEXAS,USA. And I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited. (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com), So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr iayaryi for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.(driayaryi2012@hotmail.com) , Thanks. And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete
  2. [MUST READ] I was diagnosed officially in March 2014. I've SO MANY symptoms! The "diabetic nerve pain"-though I'm NOT Diabetic! Just LOTS of it! The tingling, & numbness & fatigue and ALL the rest! I don't even have the energy to get my, NORMAL tests, let alone an M.S. one! To get out of bed& go out is BEYOND a chore for me! My life was a living nightmare - in ADDITION to what I have to endure with one of my sons.(I can't even take care of him) - I desperately search for an alternative cure to save my life till a friend of mine from UK told me about Dr. MOHAMEND from AFRICA who cured her husband from ALS, PLS,MND and FSHD with His Herbal Healing OIL, ROOT and HERBS. I contacted Dr. MOHAMEND through His what'sapp number and told him about my MS problem and he assured me that I will be CURED that he has CURES to any disease and VIRUS. I was very happy to hear that from him. I place an ORDER and he sent it through a courier delivery service to my address which I sent to him. I received it within 4 days and immediately commerce usage as prescribed by him, In the first six days of usage, I started noticing great change all over my body, I was now gaining STRENGHT gradually, after two weeks, I was able to move my arms and legs,and also talk I was totally CUREDof MS disease after six weeks. You can contact Dr. MOHAMEND via his email: drmohamendherbalremedy@gmail.com or call/whatsapp on +2348148010628. My FAMILY and I refer people to HIM everyday and they are all happy and cured REVERSAL in SYMPTOMS. Please share this with anyone you know is suffering from ALS, PLS, MS, MSA, MND, FSHD, Parkinson's, and Fibromyalgia. I believe he treats more than those things, so if you have questions please just call. Can't hurt. Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be Happy to help through my email sintakingso@gmail.com. I don't want anyone else to die with this hideous disease! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never believed i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on to search the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HARPS and other from ALS) by this Man DR.OKABEN and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to dr.okabenherbalspell@gmail.com telling him about my (Hepatitis B and Skin Tag) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me, so i went to my Doctor for test again, when the result came out, behold i was totally free from the Hepatitis B as the Doctor OKABEN assured me, So friends my advise is if you have such disease or virus like HSV, HPV, HBV,MNA, ALS Cancer or any other at all you can email DR.OKABEN
    Name: DR. OKABEN Email: dr.okabenherbalspell@gmail.com Tell: call +2349029519146
    Whatsapp: +2349029519146

    ReplyDelete


  4. I am very happy today with my family. My name is rose sarah living in USA, My husband left me for a good 3 years now, and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that darted me to Dr.Jude a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 2 weeks. Me and my husband are living happily together today, That man is great, you can contact him via email liberationlovespell@gmail.com… Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem to contact him now a fast solution without steress.. He always hello, now i call him my father.contact him now he is always online email (liberationlovespell@gmail.com) or call him on his mobile line +2348034062173

    ReplyDelete


  5. I am very happy today with my family. My name is rose sarah living in USA, My husband left me for a good 3 years now, and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that darted me to Dr.Jude a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 2 weeks. Me and my husband are living happily together today, That man is great, you can contact him via email liberationlovespell@gmail.com… Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem to contact him now a fast solution without steress.. He always hello, now i call him my father.contact him now he is always online email (liberationlovespell@gmail.com) or call him on his mobile line +2348034062173

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herpes simplex virus 2 causes herpes type 2 or genital herpes. This infection causes sores in the genital area of men and women .Herpes simplex virus 1 causes herpes type 1 or cold sores, also known as orofacial herpes. This infection affects the mouth and the skin. There will be blistering sores in the mouth and in different parts of the body. You All please listen to my story that has brought back my I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to the Natural Herbal Medicine, which i got from DR.UNITY ,after 6 days of communication he sent some herbal medicines to me. I am now leaving a healthy life since the past 9months after the completion of my Genital and Oral Herpes treatment with the DR.UNITY Natural Healing Medicine, i am now completely Herpes Free, after the application and usage of DR.UNITY Medicine. Currently the only cure for Herpes, Cancer,Diabetes and every other Human diseases is DR.UNITY Herbal Medicine. As i am A living witness of this great miracle, you can save more patient from pharmaceutical scandals by sharing or contacting this great Natural healer for the Medication also call him on Whatsapp +2349029796424 Let Stop Herpes with DR.UNITY Herbal Medicine. Let`s save life by sharing this on all social network as God will bless you as you share this information that will give every Herpes patient’s a hope for a new Life. and via this email: unityspelltemple3@gmail.com OR call Whats App Number +2349029796424and he have cure for this HPV ALS HSV Thanks for your Time and i hope you tell people about this herbal medicine......DR UNITY can also cure the following diseases..............
    1. CANCER
    2. PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    3. GONORRHEA
    4. HIV/AIDS
    5. LOW SPERM COUNT
    6. MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    7. EPILEPSY
    8. ASEPSIS
    9. CANCER
    10. ANXIETY DEPRESSION
    11. PREGNANCY PROBLEM
    12. SHORT SIGHTEDNESS PROBLEM
    13. ALS
    14. PTSD
    15 ADHD............contact doctor Unity ;;; UNITYSPELLTEMPLE3@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete