21 July 2013

My Cervix is HIGH! :)


Our Princess!


Well, it's been a while since the last blog. I find that my mind is on our little house and keeping this baby in the oven. Last weekend, I spent the night in the hospital because my BP was elevated and they wanted to monitor the baby. The doctor released me the following day BUT it was quickly follwed up with "you need home care and you will not leave here unless you agree with the conditions."
I quickly agreed!

This week, I had my routine OB appointment and was sent to the 6th floor to be monitored because, once again, my BP was elevated. I already had it all planned out in my head how I was going to tell the doctors that I was not willing to spend the night and that being in the hospital is not conducive to lowering my blood pressure. They monitored the baby and I found out that I was having regular contractions. Nothing painful, just a lot of tightening. First thought....great, she's coming soon. GREAT! Please keep her in, push her back in, don't let her out yet, I am not ready. The resident, who is the third doctor to ask me if I was a nurse because I guess I use a lot of medical terminology, was kind and caring and very knowledgeable. I think it's funny that they think I am a nurse, couldn't I be a doctor?? Why a nurse?? Is it because I am just a girl? :))


.

Anyways, he said that he was going to check my cervix. YAHOO!!! Pregnancy takes away all diginity that you have as a woman and flushes it right down the toilet. I remember with Brinley when the nurse came in the day after delivery and started to milk my boobs. After she milked my boobs, she checked my mesh undies and frozen maxi pad! I felt like such a winner. I don't know how husbands keep the attraction going for their wives after giving birth!?!?! Droopy, flabby belly and droopy, flabby boobs and crazy hormones and damaged vagina and maxi pads for a month. It is SEXY!!
Ok, back to the cervix. The doctor had not checked many cervix in his rotation, so when he checked mine, I almost laughed. He was so gentle and caring, maybe almost creepy like. ;)
The nurse checked right after him to see if they were both on the same page. She went in for the kill, up to her elbow and whipped her hand right out, snapped the glove off and smiled. Thank you nurse! My cervix was closed and things were tight and high! ALL GOOD!!!
They all know me by name now on the 6th floor...we are friends! I would probably feel better if I could check a cervix too or at least do some BP checks. I feel like our relationship is so one sided at the hospital. I'm a giver and I feel that I'm not reciprocating the love.

So, that's where we are at with the baby. I am on a type of modified bed rest, which is quite difficult with a toddler but mom, dad and James have been helping out a lot. I get as much rest as I can. I am aiming for 37 weeks, so another two, then it will probably be go time. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday, so we will see how she is looking and I'll have a good chat with the doctor about how she/he feels about when I should deliver. It is going to be difficult having a baby at mom and dad's house. I know that we will feel bad when she's crying at night and inturn it causes James and I to get frustrated with each other. Ma and Pa are heading to their BC property for the first two weeks in August, so that may give us some time to settle.

Our home is being worked on but we have heard that it will be another month before we are permitted to move back in....that will be a total of two months out of our house. It's crazy!! James has been working diligently on getting us back in as soon as possible and has spent so many hours putting together the list of all the damaged items. It's been a lot of work for him and I feel awful that he lost so much. He really downplays it and said that one day he would have sold it all, but this wasn't the way for it to go....in a flood. Maybe karma will come his way and somebody will replace some of his lost items. ;)
Maybe Michael Jordan with step up and give him a new rookie card?? Maybe GI Joe will step up and send him some first edition comic books?? I mean come on, GI Joe has connections, he must be able to pull some strings.  :)


Lastly, our friends have been truly amazing throughout this whole ordeal. James and I would never ask for anything from anybody. We know that there are others who have lost absolutely everything, their entire house and the insurance company is not covering anything, nothing. We have been fortunate.
We have received so many gifts and gift cards from friends and family. We are overwhelmed and blessed and thankful and humbled by the kindness. I don't know what to say, besides thank you thank you thank you.

Have a wonderful Sunday with your family! <3

2 comments :

  1. It's been such a stressful few months for you guys...Hope you can get back to your house sooner than later. And good luck with the ultrasound on Wednesday, hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith that we will win the lottery! :)

    ReplyDelete